Introduction to Segmented Woodturning, Part I
Our excellent video demo on Segmented Woodturning is now available on our YouTube Channel. Jim Whattam – who is now part of our Leadership Team – just happens to be an accomplished segmented turner. So our resident videography expert Scott Wishart recently took a trip down to his workshop in Lewes, Delaware and they put together an amazing video demo packed with information!
The Segmented Woodturning Demo includes:
- Review of the various forms of segmented woodturning
- Discussion of why you might want to try segmented woodturning
- What equipment do you need?
- How to try segmenting using just tools you already own
- Segmenting geometry 101
- A basic segmenting project to try first
- How to design, cut, glue, clamp, sand, install, and turn a single segmented accent ring on a solid wood bowl
You can view the video here. Also, a detailed guide that covers everything Jim presents during the demo is available as a free download in PDF format here.